There’s no doubt that meat and fruit go great together, and is possibly my favourite food combination. This pork with blackberry sauce recipe is pretty fancy and is the sort of thing you might expect to see in a quality European restaurant, but is simple enough to make for a dinner party.
- Pork (I recommend that you flavour the pork with herbs to make it a bit fancier)
- Feta cheese
- Sweet Potato
- Pine nuts
- Broccolini or other veg
- Balsamic vinegar
- Prepare the blackberry sauce.
- Dice the sweet potato into small cubes, season with salt & pepper, oil and cook in the oven.
- Cook the broccolini how you like it (I wilt it under boiling water then finish it off in the oven).
- Fry the pork and remove from the pan.
- Combine the cooked vegetables in the hot pan (leave any pork juices in there). Stir through the rocket and crumbled feta cheese to wilt the rocket and slightly melt the feta cheese.
- In a separate pan or microwave, warm the blackberry sauce a little.
- Serve on a plate and pour the blackberry sauce over the meat and salad.