Delicious chutney made from sweet potatoes. This pairs excellently with cheese and crackers.
- 1 kg Sweet potato (any colour, roughly chopped)
- 4 tbsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 4 tbsp ground coriander seeds
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 5 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 3 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- 800 cider vinegar
- 2 cups (300g) soft brown sugar
- 2 cups (300g) white sugar
- Place all ingredients except the sweet potatoes in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 40 mins to make the pickle.
- In another saucepan cover the sweet potatoes with water and bring to the boil. Cook until the sweet potatoes are soft enough to mash, approximately 30mins then drain and mash them.
- Add the cooked pickle to the mashed sweet potato and use a stick blender to process until smooth.
- Pour the hot chutney into sterilized jars and seal.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]