This tasted better than I expected and as good as I hoped, but it’s very rich, so I recommend keeping the portion size small or pairing it with something else to make a meal. This dish would suit a side of garlic bread or possibly a sprinkle of crushed nuts over it.
- Blue cheese
- Garlic butter
I boiled the gnocchi until it started to float, then fried it. That was the wrong thing to do because it made the gnocchi fall apart in the pan. Though I was very pleased with the taste, I think it would be better to simply fry the gnocchi.
- Peel and slice the mushrooms, then fry them in garlic butter and a little oil.
- When the mushrooms are close to being cooked, throw the gnocchi into the frying pan and fry until done.
- Add crumbed or thinly sliced blue cheese and some cream, stir until melted.
- Add spinach leaves and fold them into the sauce with the rest of the meal.
- Serve with a tiny sprinkle of salt and a healthy dash of pepper.