19 November, 2020
Peri Peri Chicken Burger And ChipsPosted in : Dinner, European on by : Lewis Hurst Tags: Burgers
This Portuguese style burger is easy to make and tastes great.
- Fynbos ghost peri peri sauce
- Tomato Paste
- French brioche burger buns
- Orange sweet potato (Orange kumara) chips (I actually used McCain sweet potato cross trax)
- Masterfoods Nashville style spicy chicken seasoning (alternatively you can use paprika & chilli powder)
- Cut the chicken into large sized burger pieces, cover with Fynbos ghost peri peri sauce mixed with a little tomato paste and cook in the oven. You may need to periodically top up the peri peri sauce
- When the chicken has 10 minutes left to cook, add the chips (sprinkled with Masterfoods Nashville style spicy chicken seasoning) to the oven
- Slice then fry the onion
- To serve, put some lettuce in the bun, sit the chicken atop then add the onion and a slice of tomato on top. The chips can go on the side of the plate. I mix some peri peri sauce with mayonnaise and tomato paste as dip for the chips, which works really well.