19 January, 2021
Spicy Mushrooms On Creamy Coriander Leeks & Thyme Fried PotatoesPosted in : Dinner on by : Lewis Hurst Tags: Vegetarian
I’m not great at concocting vegetarian recipes because I usually use fats, remant flavours from meat or stock to bolster and create moorish sauces; but I was pretty happy with this recipe. I concocted this from a variety of veggie side dishes that I usually make, and presented it neatly as an meal in itself.
- Chili powder
- Dice, then boil some potatoes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, prepare the mushrooms as you like them, slice the leek, and cut a handful of the coriander into small pieces (including the stalks, which have all the flavour).
- Melt some butter in a pan, add thyme and the boiled potatoes. Dry until crisped up a little / browned.
- While the potatoes are frying, put a drop of oil in another pan and fry the leeks.
- At the same time, melt some butter in another pan, and add some chili powder (not enough to make it too spicy, just enough to give the suggestion of a different flavour to the mushrooms). Fry the mushrooms in this pan.
- When the leeks are cooked, add coriander and cream. Cook to reduce the cream.
To serve, place the leeks on one side of the plate, the potatoes on the other, with the two touching in the middle. Place the mushrooms on top of the leeks and potatoes, bridging them in the center.