9 August, 2020
Steak And Chips With Cafe De Paris Butter SaucePosted in : Dinner, European on by : Lewis Hurst Tags: Meat and Veg
Cafe De Paris butter AKA Cafe De Paris sauce was made famous by the Cafe De Paris restaurant in Geneva in the 1940’s, though the creator of the sauce is attributed to the restaurant owner’s father-in-law.
Beef steak, potatoes, other vegetables.
Cafe De Paris Butter Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Melt the butter, add other ingredients, refrigerate for use later.
- Cut potatoes into chips (I like mine chunky, if you do too, you might want to gently boil them for a bit then cool them off before cooking them in the oven).
- Cook the chips in the oven until nearly done.
- Cook other required veggies you wish to add.
- Fry beef steak in a small amount of Cafe De Paris butter (enough to stop it sticking to the pan). I like to fry it in a hot flame for a few minutes each side to keep the juices in, which I use in the next step.
- Once the beef is cooked, melt the Cafe De Paris butter on the steak (I think you don’t need much, you’ll need enough to lightly coat your chips in the residual steak juice mixed with the Cafe De Paris butter).