This isn’t a Japanese style omelette, rather my own creation inspired by Japanese flavours. It makes a great lunch or snack and is reasonably healthy if you disregard the sugar from the mirin.
- Salad greens
- Sesame salad dressing
- Soy sauce
- Mix salad greens and sesame salad dressing and place on a plate
- Fry the mushrooms as you like them.
- Turn down the heat a little and add mirin and soy sauce to make a teriyaki sauce (more mirin than soy sauce, just enough soy sauce to turn the mirin dark and no more).
- Stir the sauce into the mushrooms once it’s simmered a way a little to reduce it.
- Add the eggs to the same pan, cook one side, flip, cook, then fold the mushrooms into the omelette.
- Serve as pictured.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 1 Average: 5]