This was tonight’s experiment using my new rice cooker (I highly recommend this kitchen appliance): Teriyaki salmon with honey pickled courgette ribbons and curried rice. It was a success.
- Salmon slices (the kind that are used for sandwiches)
- Golden Curry – Japanese Curry Mix (Mild) from S&B
- Apple cider vinegar with manuka honey (Comvita brand)
- Soy Sauce
- Cook the rice with a small shaving (about 1/3 of a square) of the Japanese curry mix
- While the rice cooks, slice the courgette into strips using a potato peeler and soak the strips in the honey vinegar solution
- Once the rice is almost cooked (or completely cooked and automatically sitting on the “warm” setting on your rice cooker), lightly fry the salmon in a pan with garlic
- Once the salmon is cooked, turn the heat right down and add pre-mixed mirin with a heavy dash of soy sauce (enough to slightly change the colour of the mirin, when stirred)
- Add a sprinkle of salt and a small amount of the residual vinegar to the rice
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]