This is my second, but first successful attempt to create an agedashi tofu recipe to mimic the one at the teppanyaki restaurant in Wellington. That said, I wish I coated my tofu properly for the photo-shoot.
- Silken Tofu
- Flour or potato starch
- Seaweed (I used nori sheets because it’s all I have access to)
- Spring onion
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Fish sauce
- Boil a few sheets of seaweed in water, adding a healthy sploosh of soy sauce, mirin and a few (maybe 3-5) drops of fish sauce
- Dice the tofu and coat in flour / potato starch
- Fry the tofu in sesame oil
- Drain the dashi broth made in step one using the pan lid to stop as much seaweed as possible going into the bowl (though a little is nice!)
- Serve as pictured with the tofu sitting in the dashi broth with raw sliced spring onion on top
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 2 Average: 5]