This pulled pork (something about that always sounds inappropriately salacious) burger made from Beak and Sons BBQ pork and apple is more commonly referred to as my “Lewis on a plate burger” (which I appreciate, also sounds inappropriately salacious). This is with reference to the annual Wellington On A Plate burger competition, in which restaurants all over Wellington compete to make the best “burger” (in quote marks as the term burger is often creatively interpreted, which is probably the best thing about the competition).
- Beak and Sons pork and apple
- Brioche buns
- Coleslaw vegetables (without the sauce)
- Cheddar cheese
- Raw red onion (optional)
- Cook the pork in the oven
- Pull the pork apart with a couple of folks, once it’s cooked
- Make burgers with the rest of the ingredients. My preferred order to layer it up is: spinach, pork, coleslaw vegetables, cheese, (red onion), coriander, aioli, but it doesn’t matter that much.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 1 Average: 5]