This is a turn on the traditional Russian beef stroganoff recipe and an improvement in my opinion. Stroganoff gets it’s flavour from cream reduced in the flavours from cooked mushrooms.
As a Brit living in NZ, people here don’t seem to be too aware of pork eye fillet cuts and consequently this premium cut is cheaper than lesser cuts. More eye fillet for me!
- Pork eye fillet
- Green vegetables (any will do)
- Garlic butter
- Skin then thinly slice and boil the potatoes
- Slice then fry the onions in oil
- Add sliced mushrooms to the frying pan
- Slice and cook the pork eye fillet in the frying pan
- Add cream and pepper to the frying pan, stirring to get the juices and prevent burning. Reduce the cream (don’t be too shy about boiling it away, but don’t burn it)
- Mash the potatoes while the cream is reducing